Saturday, September 10, 2016

Week of August 29th through Sept. 4th

So I am starting back up this blog as a record of my training and to share pictures of the week.  Pretty boring stuff; however, it will keep me motivated.  I may do reviews and like before, but I have kind of liked Leor Pantilat blog where he has shown his adventures as well as Lucho's site on Joghard so I will probably focus on updating accordingly.

I need accountability as another outlet to de-stress, so hopefully me getting back in the habit of posting will satisfy both those needs.

For the week of August 29th I completed:

  •       4 hours 12 minutes of running  over to 5 days
  •       16.7 miles
  •       1,404 feet of elevation gain

I recently updated my watch to a Garmin Fenix 2 and probably will write a review on it.  Needless to say, while it is very similar to my old Fenix, the updated watch makes a lot more sense to me, like how I can sync up after a run instantly through Bluetooth.  I used to go through three different steps.

This weeks run had me running my old haunts on Lime Ridge as well as the Ironhorse trail.  It has been a bit disappointing to have start from the beginning after taking a year off; however, my legs feel stronger and I don't seem to have the niggles that I was suffering from.  

I will have to be resolved to some 3 to 5 mile runs until I can go without stopping and be also satisfied with a slower pace.  Two things are slowing me down: 1. extra weight (I am now back to 240 lbs.) 2. Getting my cardiovascular back where I can run longer distances.    My legs are fine and they are holding up.  If I can get 30 lbs off, I will be back to where I was when I ran Way Too Cool and then could start to consider a marathon or ultra.


I will end with a few phrases I like to focus on.  These are three of my favorites:

  • Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it
  • Focusing on a number will not cause change. Focusing on change will improve the numbers.
  • Before you act listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn.  Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit